I’ll be honest here, and I don’t think I’m alone by any means, but I 100% judge books by their covers. Yes, I hear you, ‘But Sarah! You could be missing out on so many excellent books! Are you crazy?’
Yes I am.
I may miss out on books , I’ll give you that, but it also leads me to books that I may not have picked up other wise.
Here are 10 books I bought almost entirely due to the cover.
- Spaceman of Bohemia – Jaroslav Kalfar
- Monsoon Mansion – Cinelle Barnes
- The Watchmaker of Filigree Street – Natasha Pulley
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden – Helen Grant
- The Yiddish Policeman’s Union – Michael Chabon
- Faithful – Alice Hoffman
- California – Edan Lepucki
- Fates and Furies – Lauren Groff
- The Light Between Oceans – M.L. Stedman
- American War – Omar El Akkad
I almost hated to do that, but judging books buy their covers is something every reader can probably admit to.
What are some book you have/have not chosen based on the cover? Do you regret you decision? I’d love to hear your thoughts below!
And as always, I hope you reading life is outta this world ☺